Sierra Canyon High
6’0 F Class of 2020
Popscout Rating: 4 Star / 85 Grade
Very impressed with Rosemary and her play as she shows an advanced level of court awareness on both ends of the floor. With her ability to read defenses out of the triple threat, she makes solid decisions whether it’s passing, shooting, or putting the ball on the floor – keeping defenses honest in the process. Rosemary has a nice shooting stroke from 15 feet in but will need to develop a long-range shot -with consistency- to add depth to her offensive skill sets. Nice ball handler who can rebound and push while making solid, fundamental decisions with the rock in transition. Plays solid man to man defense, releases and recovers well, becomes a rim protector, and shows good anticipation and natural instincts on the court.
We are a bit concerned about Rosemary and her conditioning, as many Sierra Canyon players will be forced to play extended minutes this season because of a lack of depth on their roster at the F/C positions. Rosemary needs to get into tip-top conditioning that will enable her to play solid minutes down the stretch while pacing herself throughout the game to log extended minutes. We anticipate this young lady being scooped up by a high/mid-major college who wants to add a solid defender, rebounder, and emerging playmaker on the offensive side of the ball. We’re looking for Rosemary to become more confident, taking the bull by the horns this season. At the end of the day, look for this young lady to be a 1st-Team CIFSS performer when it’s all said and done.
Areas to improve
- Becoming more confident and aggressive on offense. Begin to go to work out there young lady.
- Develop a long-range shot with consistency.
- Grab rebounds and push while making solid decisions on the break. Let your guards fill the lane.
- Develop stamina and conditioning for playing extended minutes.
- Believe that she is one of the top players in her class and go out to prove it each night with a chip on her shoulder.
Elevate Yo’ Game